Symmetry, shape and logical thinking.

It’s been a really busy week with lots of interesting booklets for the children to complete. The children have worked incredibly hard and they should all be feeling proud of their efforts and achievements.

In the afternoons we enjoyed PE outside in the sunshine and our tennis skills are improving with practise.

We also enjoyed an afternoon of Maths activities, exploring symmetry, shape and logical thinking. In the video below, you will see the circuit of activities we followed.

• Building using straws and plastic connectors, looking at 2D and 3D shapes and working together to create a final huge shape sculpture.
  • Creating a symmetrical picture using 2D shapes and flipping them over the line of symmetry.
  • Using LEGO to create symmetrical sculptures.
  • Playing Rush Hour, a brilliant game for developing logical thinking. ( See the link in a previous post and also available as an iPad app)

I hope everyone has a brilliant Half Term holiday. I am not sending home the Learning Logs as I know quite a few of the children are going away on holiday; however, please do try to read daily, achieve your weekly Mathletics Certificate and enjoy Bug Club and Purple Mash, especially if you get a rainy morning or afternoon! You can post comments on the blog or email me, if you want to tell everyone about what you have been busy doing.

Have a wonderful break. From all Team 2F 🙂